Try as we might, we can’t cover all the biotech news out there! Here’s a roundup of news that didn’t make the cut this week.
- Heptares is now collaborating with Daichii Sankyo in a €11M deal for the biotech’s pain program
- Greenergy, Europe’s largest manufacturer of biodiesel from waste, forged a collaboration with Bio-on to explore producing PHAs bioplastic from glycerol
- Allergan‘s IBD drug has been linked to deaths in patients without gallbladders
- After installing its first female CEO, GSK has opted to pay her less than her predecessor
- Researchers at the Turku Centre for Biotechnology have discovered a link between cancer and autism
- VIB has reported a new toxic pathway for protein aggregates in neurodegenerative disease, which could provide an alternative target as efforts in Alzheimer’s hit road block after road block
Images from belizar, Frank Gaertner, Gaschwald, Marcel Derweduwen / shutterstock.com